Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

life

Life is actually really great right now. Actually, though. I think I'm in a really good place. 

It's strange what one day can do, how so much can change in your demeanor and mentality. It's not as though yesterday was this cathartic day or anything, realistically it was just a normal monday. But at the same time it wasn't.

I had a job interview in the morning, although I think it was more of a formality, because the job I wanted was really just replacing my friend who will be going off to school in a week. So I don't think that they were actually looking for people, seriously looking, but I mean, I still had to come in just for them to make sure I wasn't crazy or anything, haha :) 

Anyways, I got the job, and I'm pretty excited! I'm now a 'Keebler Elf' as my friend, Katia (the one I spoke of above), coined. I get to make gingerbread houses/men all day! And starting this monday I'll be working from 2-8:30 PM for two weeks. You know what that means? Money! Which means shopping! 

It's gonna be weird having money. I've already picked out a thousand things I don't need that I want to buy because, well, I can! I am very excited by the idea of not being broke all the time :)

What else happened yesterday? Hmm. Well I started working out again. Finally. I've been meaning to since the beginning of summer, and that never happened, so I'm glad that I actually got my big butt (actually, I do have a rather large butt, haha) off the couch and up to the rec center by my house. It felt great. And soreness is the only type of pain that comes with satisfaction, in my opinion, and I'm feelin' it a bit today. I'm committed to keeping up this working out, this time. No excuses. 

I guess the only other pivotal part of my day yesterday actually occured in the early hours last night. You see, I'm turing 18 in less than 90 days.. which is so so so weird. And I have a lot to get done before then, so I starting making lists. Lists of things I need to do today, this week, and one more long-term goal. Except I actually feel like I can accomplish all of it, which is a pretty rare feeling in the sluggish summer.

Basically, life is really really good :) I think if I continue of this path, senior year will be fantastic. This morning I was thinking about how I felt at the beginning of junior year, and it's the complete opposite to how I feel right now. I specifically remember going and talking with one of my favorite teachers, Mr. Kumprey, who taught me advanced algebra my sophomore year. I can't write the exact words I said to him, I don't really remember how I phrased it, but I remember how I told him that I felt as though the rest of the year would feel like the first day of being a junior: like I didn't know what was going on, and I was kind of just there. I remember how he remarked that that didn't sound too good, and I shrugged and told him it was the truth. And that's exactly how that year felt. It was terrible. 

It's crazy how much things can change in just a year. Although, change is the only constant; it was bound to happen.

heart,
taylor :]

No comments:

Post a Comment