Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

music monday #3

Hello everyone! I hope you're enjoying the Olympics so far! I know I am (go team USA!). 

I didn't want to skip out on posting my music picks for the week, as I did last week (although this entry will be a bit short). But I finally have a life again! Or at least I will for the next month before I have to go back to school. Bleck. At least it's senior year though, can't wait for it to be over!

This weeks selection is a bit more upbeat and fun. A few of my favorites from these particular artists :)

1. Eyes Wide Open - Gotye
I think that when people think of Gotye, they automatically think "Somebody That I Used to Know." Which is a really good song, don't get me wrong, but it's not their only song. 
All potential meanings aside (which get a little political for my taste), it's a wonderful song with a great beat.

2. Out Loud - Dispatch
This song always makes me think of my friend Jonathan. He actually introduced me to Dispatch, and although they aren't my favorite, they have a few gems of music that I quite enjoy.
Such a sweet, honest song that poses a simple question, would you call my name out loud? 
3. 7/4 (Shoreline) - Broken Social Scene
I have a deep love for Broken Social Scene :) A majority of their songs are just instrumental, and are great for setting the mood. Yesterday I had it playing in the background as a wrote a letter to Jonathan, actually. If you don't already have any Broken Social Scene albums, go and pick one up! I recommend the album that this song is on, Forgiveness Rock Record.
4. Foundations - Kate Nash
Don't you just love the sound of British accents? I know I do! 
This one by Kate Nash describes a pretty toxic relationship, purposefully irking each other for the satisfaction of pissing the other off. 
I love love love the chorus, too :)
5. The Girl - City and Colour
This is undoubtably the most beautiful song I have ever heard. I'm a huge fan of Dallas Green, and this is one of my favorites by him. 
I think if anyone ever played/sang for me this song, I would cry. Or die. Or both. If you just listen to one song on this list, it should be this one:
heart,
taylor :]

No comments:

Post a Comment